Travel and Expense Year-End FAQ
What happens if my supervisor did not approve my travel authorization or expense report by June 13?
• Your travel authorization and expense report were deleted from OAKS and you will need to recreate your travel authorization and expense report after July 2.
What does "deleted" mean?
• "Deleted" means that your travel authorization or expense report will be removed from the OAKS Travel and Expense module. You will not be able to view any expenses that were listed on the deleted document or receipts that may have been attached.
What do I need to do if my travel authorization or expense report has been deleted?
If your travel authorization or expense report has been deleted, you will need to wait until July 5 to go into the OAKS Travel and Expense module to recreate both the travel authorization and expense report.
• To recreate a Travel Authorization:
1. Navigate to MyOhio.gov > My Travel > Travel and Expense Center > Travel Authorization > Create
2. Create a Travel Authorization estimating your expenses for your trip using future dates
3. Have your supervisor approve your Travel Authorization
4. From the approved Travel Authorization, create an Expense Report.
On the Expense Report, change the dates to the actual dates of travel and report actual expenses
5. Submit the Expense Report
6. Submit any required receipts and backup documentation
• To recreate an Expense Report:
1. Navigate to MyOhio.gov > My Travel >Travel and Expense Center > Expense Report > Create
2. Select the approved Travel Authorization related to your trip
3. Create your Expense Report with your actual travel dates expenses
4. Submit the Expense Report
5. Submit any required receipts and backup documentation
How much time do I have to recreate my travel authorization if it has been deleted?
• Please recreate your travel authorizations before August 31, 2012 so that your expense report can be created and submitted within the necessary time frame.
How much time do I have to recreate my expense report if it has been deleted?
• Expense reports must be submitted within 60 days of the last date of travel. If your expense report has been deleted, please recreate your expense report by August 31, 2012, noting your original ER number in the comments section and submit. Any required documentation for the expense report will need to be resubmitted.
How do I know if my Travel Authorization or Expense report was deleted?
• If you have questions as to whether any of your travel documents were deleted, please contact your fiscal office.